Arizona auto insurance

Arizona auto insuranceHow to Know if You Have Enough Auto Insurance Coverage

Once you get your driver’s license you are going to have to secure an auto insurance policy. This policy is required by law and covers different things in the event of an accident. There could be damage to your vehicle, physical injuries to yourself, and physical injuries to the other party.

Auto insurance from, like homeowners insurance, is different state by state. The requirements and mandatory coverage is different for every area. The one area that is mandatory for every state is the liability coverage. The minimums may be different but what they are to be used for and how much you must purchase. If you are buying Arizona auto insurance your auto insurance limits would be 15/30/10.

Translated this means that you must have $15,000 bodily injury liability coverage for one person who is injured in one accident. Next you would have to have $30,000 bodily injury liability coverage for all of the injuries that were sustained in one accident. The last number, $10,000, is for property damage coverage.

These are only the minimums that are required for the state of Arizona. You may be encouraged to purchase more through your insurance agent. There are other areas of coverage that also must be addressed. These include personal injury protection, collision, and uninsured motorist coverage.

Some states require their drivers to have uninsured motorist coverage. This means that you would be covered for medical expenses if the other driver did not have insurance or did not have enough coverage. Some uninsured motorist coverage even covers damage to your vehicle but only eight states require it.

It is mandatory to have property damage as a driver in Arizona. The coverage amount must be a minimum of $10,000 to cover any mail boxes, signs, buildings, or sheds that may have incurred damage from an accident.

You must have Arizona auto insurance in order to drive your vehicle in Arizona. If you are pulled over by a law enforcement officer and cannot prove you have car insurance you may have your license suspended. You would have to pay a fee plus get a special provision from an insurance company showing that you have purchased insurance and your policy meets all the mandatory requirement. It is much easier, and less expensive, to just purchase your insurance from the beginning. Even if it is more than you can afford now it will cost you much more later.

Comments are closed.